Monday, June 24, 2013

Getting Patriotic



I recently reorganized my fabric stash and realized that I had some fabric (from Girl Charlee) that just HAD to be made into 4th of July outfits.  I decided to make a knit romper and simple dress.  The dress hasn't even been cut out, so this is just a sneak peak of the romper before I have both finished and take some sister pictures.  


I used Elegance & Elephants Pleated Playsuit pattern, but modified it a bit - plus used knit fabric!  The bottom half of the romper is exactly like the pattern instructs, except I placed the contrasting pocket fabric so it was visible instead of using it to make faux piping.


I didn't do a pleat in the front bodice and instead added a ruffle along the top.  The straps are strips of contrasting fabric that are tied through a loop in the back.  The back bodice was shortened to only come up to the arm holes.


I think the knit fabric worked out well with the pattern.  It fits her a little more comfortably than the Butterfly Romper that was made with woven fabric.  As soon as I get the dress finished up I'll get some better pics...if my model doesn't decide to quit and take a fake nap again.






Also linked at:

6 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out; its sooooo cute! I'm excited to see the dress when you get it done. Please link it up so that I don't miss out. This romper is definitely pinterest worthy. Way to make it comfy as well. That's a great way to help them love it.
    Al @ Shaffer Sisters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much (and for having the link up)!

      Delete
  2. This is adorable! You're reminding me that I need to get on the ball for a 4th outfit :)
    I also love the elastic straps you made for your butterfly playsuit. I'm not a huge fan of tying and retying those straps all day hehe. Elastic was smart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is precious!!! Found you through crafty blog stalker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so fun for the upcoming holiday!!! thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays at Nap-Time Creations... I'm posting a fabulous round up of sewing features and you are part of it... Please come on over and check it out! I would love for you to Pin, G+, Tweet or share on FB the collage that your project is in! Thanks so much! Emily
    http://www.nap-timecreations.com/2013/06/sewing-food-and-crafts-for-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute romper! It's perfect for the 4th of July! the blue and white polkadot fabric!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete